Canadian Solar Energy
Why do some people prefer Canadian Solar to produce solar energy? It will be discussed here. During the last few decades, there was a significant rise in the utilization of alternative energy sources including solar, wind & water power.
Solar panels became a common sight on rooftops, wind turbines are prevalent next to highways, whilst hydropower plants like mills and dams are a familiar sight to be seen on a worldwide scale.
According to the experts, this is just the start of the utilization of reneFzerwable energy. The expectation is that over the next two decades, renewable energy, especially solar, will become the energy source which will grow at the fastest rate. It is even expected that there will be less focus to the sources of fossil fuel, where costs are concerned.
Canadian Solar-330w – Poly PV-Module
The Canadian solar-330w – poly PV-module, which is used in high voltage systems, has the capacity to increase a solar system’s string length, by up till 50 percent, whilst it will be saving BOS costs.
Canadian Solar, by revenue, poses to be one of the globe’s three largest solar companies. The company operates in six continents, whilst they have almost 9,700 employees.
Features: Canadian Solar-330w – Poly PV-Module
1. High performance & energy yield
- Excellent performance regarding low irradiance, up till 96 percent
- Up to 5 watts’ positive power tolerance
- Diminished cell series resistance
- NOCT = 45° Celsius – High energy yield
2. High module quality
Its high product quality is secured by implementing the quality management system of the automotive industry – ISO16949:
- EL screening – 100%
- Industry high PTC grading equal to 91.94 percent
- Quality control points: 239
- IP67 junction box
3. Suitable for severe environments
Sufficient to use in numerous severe environments for blocking moisture penetrability & establishing higher resistance to salt-mist, sandstorms & ammonia:
- Wind load equal to 2400Pa.
- Hefty snow load equal to 5400Pa.
4. Robust module construction
Advanced system reliability ascribed to IP67 junction box, robust frame design & distinctive cell level stress-release technology:
- Magnified 40mm module frame
- IP67 junction box
- Magnified 3.2mm tempered glass
5. Technical Specifications – Electrical Data / STC*
- Opt Operating Voltage – Vmp – 37.2V
- Nominal Max Power – Pmax – 330W
- Opt Operating Current – imp – 8.88 A
- Short Circuit Current – Isc – 9.45 A
- Open Circuit Voltage – Voc – 45.6 V
- Operating Temperature: -40° Celsius – +85° Celsius
- Module Efficiency – 16.97 percent
- Max system voltage – 1000 V – IEC / UL
- Max series fuse rating – 15A
- Module – Fire Performance Type 1 – UL 1703 or Class C – IEC 61730
- Application classification – Class-A
- Power tolerance – 0 +5W
6. Dimensions & Weight
- Size – 982mm X 1954 mm X 40mm
- Weight – 22.4 kilogram
Canadian Solar Panel Price
The average Canadian solar panel price will vary between $10,085 and $28,000.
If you are looking at a solar panel system of 6KW, for a home of 1,500 square feet, the installation costs of such a solar system will be approximately $18,500.
The Canadian solar panel price per watt can vary from $2.50 – $3.50. The size of residential solar panels in general are 3kW – 8kW, which can cost, installation included, a total of about $9,255 – $24,552.
Factors which will influence the costs of installing a Canadian solar system
The following key factors will establish how much you will be spending for the installation of Canadian solar panels.
- The average energy usage & utility costs of your home
- The potential of your rooftop to carry solar panels – how much sunlight it gets on an annual basis
- The demand and standard labor cost where your home is located
- The standard local price of a solar systems in your region
- Local rebates & incentives you could get
Canadian Solar 400W
Canadian Solar 400w – Super High Power – Poly Perc HiKu
Canadian Solar developed a remarkable module with cell technologies & proprietary poly wafer.
Thus, the HiKu is also the 1st poly module which exceeds 400 watts, reaching the top outputs of poly module power within the solar sector.
The combination of the best design and technology, reduces both installation costs and LCOE.
More Power: Canadian Solar 400w
- Compared to conventional modules it has 24 percent more power
- Up to 4.5 percent lower LCOE & equal to 2.7 percent lower system cost
More Reliability – due to the half cutting cell technology: Canadian Solar:
- Reduced hot spot temperature & decreased internal current
- Better shading tolerance due to the module’s creative symmetrical design
- Cell crack risk restricted to a small-scale region of the cell
- Hefty snow load equal to 5400 Pa & increased wind load equal to 3600 Pa
Vmp – 38.7 V
VOC – 47.2 V
Imp – 10.34 A
Efficiency of Module – 18.11 percent
ISC – 10.9 A
2108 x 1048 x 40 mm – LxHxW
Weight – 24.9 kilogram
Canadian Solar 410w
- Canadian Solar 410w – Super High Power – Poly Perc HiKu with MC 4
- CS3W – 390 – 295 – 400 – 405P: Super High Efficiency Poly-Perc Module
More Power – Canadian Solar 410 watt
- In comparison with the conventional modules, it contains 24% more power.
- Equal to 4.5% reduced LCOE & up to 2.7% decreased system cost.
Canadian Solar – Half-cutting cell technology – More Reliability
- More shading tolerance because of the symmetrical creative module design
- Diminished hot spot temperature & reduced internal current
- Restricting cell crack risk to a smaller-scale cell area.
- Bulky snow loads the equivalent to 5400-Pa & 3600-Pa regarding increased wind load
- Come along with authentic MC4 Staubli connectors
Canadian Solar 300w
Canadian Solar 300W – Poly-Kupower Half-Cell
- Ku-Max CS3K-P
- CS3K – 285 – 290 – 295 – 300 P – Poly PERC half-cell Module – High efficiency
- With the superior Poly Perc cell-technology of Canadian solar & the creative Low Internal Current (LIC) module technology, it has the ability to provide their worldwide clients with high powerpoly-percium modules equal to 300w.
The ku-power poly modules – dimension 1675? 992mm, near to the 60 cell modules are featuring:
- High module efficiency equal to 18.11 percent
- Classes with higher power to equal module sizes
- Hot spot temperature risk is low
- Nominal Module Operating Temperature (NMOT) is low – 43 +-2° Celsius
- Temperature coefficient – Pmax is low – -0.39° Celsius
- Power range equal to 300w
- Cell – 120xdual-cell Percium Poly – 156x78mm
Canadian Solar Inverter
The transformer-less string, grid-tied Canadian solar inverter, of which there are approximately 24 models, assist in accelerating the utilization of 3-phase string architecture suitable for commercial solar rooftops as well as smaller applications which are mounted on the ground.
This type of Canadian solar inverter is an alternative cost-effective option to central inverters, whilst it is approved by the NRTL.
These inverters are actually modular building blocks which are designed to provide high yield, whilst enabling remarkable BoS cost savings. It provides an equivalent of 98.8 percent conversion efficiency, 4 MPPT for the optimum energy harvest and a wide operating scope of 200 to 850 VDC.
The manufacturing plants of Canadian Solar are located in the following countries:
Canadian Solar Modules
Short Summary: Canadian Solar Modules
What is Canadian Solar Modules?
A solar module is also known as a solar panel. Thus, a solar module poses to be one photovoltaic panel which consists of an assembly of solar cells which are connected.
Sunlight is absorbed via the solar cells and used as an energy source for generating electricity. An assortment of Canadian solar modules is utilized for supplying power to homes and buildings.
Canadian solar sell a variety of Canadian solar modules, which is listed below:
We advise you to browse the Internet for all the descriptions and specifications about the above-mentioned Canadian solar modules.
Canadian Solar Price
Canadian Solar: Average Cost of Solar Installation
2 kilowatts $ 6,015
3 kilowatts $ 9,225
4 kilowatts $12,035
5 kilowatts $14,893
6 kilowatts $18,500
7 kilowatts $21,008
8 kilowatts $24,552
Canadian Solar Price: How much will the panels cost?
For the majority of homeowners, the cost of solar equipment is the decisive factor.
The total price payable for a Canadian solar system will differ and will depend on other equipment you will need for the installation, like inverters & mounts, whilst the features of your rooftop also play a role.
An average solar system of 6 kilowatts’ gross cost can be anything from $14,400 – $18,840. This is before incentives and tax credits are subtracted.
However, the majority of homeowners will actually pay substantially less than the projected total gross cost. So, there are many state-level rebates & solar incentives which can assist you to diminish your upfront costs even more.
Canadian Solar Solutions
Canadian Solar Solutions Inc was founded during 2001 in Toronto. This solar company is a global market leader in the manufacturing of solar PV modules.
Canadian Solar Solutions is amongst the globe’s top five manufacturers. Canadian Solar makes a great difference, as it delivers more safe, clean & cost-effective solar energy worldwide.
The company is a foremost provider of energy solutions, manufacturer of photovoltaic products & developer of solar power plants worldwide.
Canadian Solar Solutions accumulated and delivered more than 38 Gigawatt to thousands of clients living in over 150 countries. This is enough for rendering green, clean energy to about 10-million households.
This top solar energy company offers numerous series of solar modules, suitable for both commercial & residential systems, which include:
Series: Residential / Commercial
- HiDM – residential
- All-black – residential
- Biku – commercial
- Ku – commercial
- BiHiKu – commercial
- HiKu – commercial
Canadian Solar 390w
Canadian Solar 390w: DC Electrical Features
- STC Power Rating – 390 watt
- STC Power as per unit / area – 18.3w/feet 2 – 196w/m2
- PTC Power Rating – 367.61 W1
- Power Tolerances – 0 % / 2%
- Peak Efficiency – 19.66 %
- Number of cells – 144
- Imp – 9.66A
- Nominal voltage – not applicable
- Isc – 10.17A
- Vmp – 40.4V
- NOCT – 4 ° Celsius
- Voc – 48.2 V
- Temp Coefficient – power – -0.37 %/ K
- Temp Coefficient – Isc – 0.05 %/ K
- Series Fuse Rating – 30 A
- Temp Coefficient – Voltage – 0.14 V/K
- Maximum System Voltage – 1000 V
Canadian Solar 390w: Mechanical Features
- Type Mono – PERC
- Output Cable wire gauge – 12 AWG
- Output Terminal Type – Canadian Solar T 4
- Output Cable wire length – 49.2 in – 1,250 mm
- Output Cable wire type – PV wire
- Backsheet Colour – White
- Frame Colour – Clear
- Width – 39.1 in – 992 mm
- Length – 78.7 in – 2,000 mm
- Weight – 49.6 lb – 22.5 kg
- Depth – 1.4 in – 35 mm
- Method of Installation – Rack Mounted
Canadian Solar 390w: Warranty & Certifications
- 80 percent Power Output
- Warranty Period – 25 years
- Workmanship Warranty Period – 10 years
- 90 percent Power Output
- Warranty Period – 12 years
- Compliances – UL-1703; IEC-61215;
- IEC-61730; TUV
- UL-1703 Fire Classification – Type 1
- CSI Listed – yes
- 1 PTC rating calculated – using 41°Celsius as the Nominal Cell Operating Temperature (NOCT)
Canadian Solar 405
- Short Summary for Canadian Solar 405
- HiKu Super High-Power Poly PERC module – CS3W – 390 – 395 – 400 – 405P
Canadian solar developed a distinctive module using cell technologies & proprietary poly wafer.
Hence, HiKu poses to be the first poly-module which exceeds 400 watts; Thus, reaching one of the foremost poly module power-outputs within the solar industry.
By combining the best design & technology, it will significantly diminish both installation costs in less time & LCOE.
More Power: Canadian Solar 405
- In comparison with conventional modules, it has 24 percent more power
- Up to 4.5 percent lower LCOE and equal to 2.7 percent lower system cost
Canadian solar: More reliability because of the half cutting cell technology
- Decreased hot spot temperature & reduced internal current
- Better shading tolerance because of the module’s symmetrical & innovative design
- Cell crack risk restricted to a smaller-scale area of cell
- Bulky snow load equal to 5400 Pa & increased wind load equal to 3600 Pa
Canadian Solar Panels 360w
Canadian Solar 360W – Poly Kumax Half-Cell – 35mm Frame 5-Busbar
This Canadian solar panel’s frame is 35mm thick.
- High-efficiency Poly Module – CS3U – 350 – 355 – 360 – 365P
- KuMax CS3U-P
With the cutting-edge poly cell technology & the avant-garde Low Internal Current (LIC) module technology, Canadian solar has the ability to provide its global clients with high power poly-modules equaling 365 watt.
This KuMax poly modules, having a 2000x992mm dimension, have the distinctive features as stated below: (Canadian solar panel 360W)
- High efficiency equal to 18.40 percent
- Higher power-classes for similar module sizes
- The risk regarding hot spot temperature is low
- Nominal Module Operating Temperature (MNOT) is low: 42 +- 3°
- Temperature coefficient – Pmax is low: -0.37 percent / °Celsius
- Cell – 144xdual-cell Poly; 156x78mm
- Power Range – equal to 365 Watt
- Dimensions – 2000X992X35 mm
- Weight – 22.5 kilogram
Canadian Made Solar Panels
Canadian Solar, produces a wide range of affordable solar panels for commercial, residential & utility-scale solar systems, with manufacturing plants in the Americas and Asia.
A team of dedicated experts’ designs, constructs & operates substantial commercial solar farms worldwide.
Canadian made solar panels are manufactured for residential, commercial & industrial applications which are typically priced competitively, with a good quality & reliability reputation.
Canadian solar has transformed, together with other major manufacturers by utilizing the higher mono PERC half cutting cells in its new generation modules.
It’s HiDM Module poses to be the one exclusion which uses a distinctive shingled mono PERC-cell design.
In general Canadian made solar panels are highly regarded by the company’s clients & solar experts, considering its products great value for your money.
The newest HiKu series poses to be the most popular module, which uses the newest mono PERC MBB-cells for boosting its efficiency levels higher than 20%
As another perk, Canadian Solar, offers a 12 year standard manufacturers guarantee period on the majority of its models, whilst offering a 25 year guarantee on performance. The company, in general, provides good support & service when a claim occurs.
Canadian Solar Panel Efficiency
On 6 March 2020, Canadian Solar made an announcement that a world record was set by its technology team of 23.81 percent conversion efficiency of a N-type extensive area multi-crystalline silicon-solar cell.
The German Institute für Solar Energieforschung (GmbH) ISFH, recently tested & certified the N-type P5, record-setting cell conversion.
This is the 3rd time in a 9 month’s span that Canadian Solar set a world record for its multi-crystalline solar cell conversion-efficiency. Also look at 22.8 percent & 22.28 percent records set for its P-type multi-crystalline cells.
Canadian Solar, poses to be a technology leader within the solar industry, whilst the company is one of the foremost ranking global solar-manufacturers when it comes to patent applications & patent grants.
It has more than 1500 patents granted, which cover the North American, China, Asia-Pacific & European regions
By August 2019 all the cell capacity of the company was enhanced to PERC.
Where the module product is concerned, the company has developed the GW-scale introduction regarding the Ku-series, (half-cut cell modules), Biku (bifacial modules,) MBB (multi-bus bar), HiKu & BiHiKu 166 mm wafers.
Canadian Solar Efficiency
To ensure Canadian solar efficiency, this leading solar energy manufacturer developed and launched its P-5 cell technology & solar module products.
During September 2019, the company set a 22.8% world record regarding the P-type P5 cell’s conversion efficiency.
The 23.81 percent record-setting efficiency of the multi-crystalline cell was invented by using 157 mm X 157 mm (region 246.44 cm2) N-type – P5 silicon wafer & Passivated Contact (PAScon) technology.
Over a period of the last 19 years, the company has delivered more than 38 GW of prime quality solar panels to clients in more than 150 countries worldwide.
The cutting edge technology & innovations of this company guarantee
Canadian solar efficiency on a worldwide basis.
Canadian Solar 305w
Read about Canadian Solar 305W – PERC Panel – CS6K – 305)
The new modules of Canadian Solar with super power, have Mono-PERC cells which improve reliability & efficiency in a significant manner.
The cutting-edge technology supplies premium low irradiance performance during the morning, evening as well as on cloudy days. Thus, increasing the module’s energy output as the total yield of such a solar energy system.
Key Characteristics of Canadian Solar 305w
- 11% more power in comparison with conventional modules
- High PTC rating equal to 91.90%
- Performing excellent at low irradiance equal to 97.5%
- IP68 junction box efficient to endure long term weather
- Improved energy production because of low temperature coefficients
- Hefty snow load equal to 6,000Pa, wind load equal to 4,000 Pa
CS6K-305MS Specifications – STC
- Number of Cells – 60
- Silicon Type – monocrystalline
- Vmp (Voltage at max power) – 32.7 volts DC
- Pmax (Nominal max power) – 305 watts
- Voc (Open circuit voltage) – 39.9 volts DC
- Imp (Current at max power) – 9.33 amps DC
- Module Efficiency – 18.63 %
- Isc (Short circuit current) – 9.91 amps DC
- Operating temperature – -40° F – 185° F
- Max system voltage – 1000 volts DC
- Dimensions – inches 65.0 “X 39.1” X 1.57”
- Power Tolerance – 0 – +5 watts
- Cable – #12-AWG
- Weight – 40.1 lbs
- Connector – T4-series – MC4-compatible
Canadian PV Panels | Range of Canadian PV Panels
The most sought-after panels from the series available at Canadian Solar are the HiKu & Ku range which you can purchase in monocrystalline & polycrystalline.
Residential Panels: Canadian PV Panels
The Ku range is available in the power ratings between 295 watts to 335 watt, whilst for the Hiku it is 325 watt to 375 watt.A 20.3 percent maximum efficiency is obtainable by using cast mono-crystalline – PERC half cut cells, either with multi-busbars or 5 busbars (MBB). Thus accomplishing the higher power ratings.
The distinctive HiDM range of panels are using mono PERC shingled-cells which come in a vertical layout, which offers the following advantages:
improved shade tolerance;
diminished risk of micro-cracks;
whilst its efficiency is increased up to 20.5%.
- Ku mono 315 watt – 335 watts
- Ku poly 295 watt – 330 watts
- HiKu poly 325 watt – 365 watts
- Hiku mono 350 watt – 375 watts
- HiDM mono-shingled 320 watts – 345 watts
Utility & Commercial Panels: Canadian PV Panels
A lot like the residential series, the most favorite Canadian Solar for commercial use are the Ku & Hiku range. Both ranges are available in the monocrystalline & polycrystalline varieties.
The larger commercial panels, which are more powerful too, are available in a wider variety of power rating & cell configurations equal to an imposing 545 watt.However, the standard HiKu range is using customary mono or poly PERC half-cut cells. The new HiKu 5 & HiKu 6 range are using poly & mono MBB cells, arranged in a more effective zero-gap cell configuration, thus reaching a 21.3 % maximum efficiency.
- Ku mono: 144 cell 380 watt – 400 watt
- Ku poly: 144 cell 355 watt – 395 watt
- HiKu mono: 144 cell 425 watt – 455 watt
- HiKu poly: 144 cell 395 watt – 440 watt
- HiKu mono: 156 cell 475 watt – 500 watt
- HiDM5 mono-shingled 390 watts – 405 watts
- HiKu mono: 156 cell 475 watt – 500 watt
High Power 500 watt+ Panels:
Similar to other well-known manufacturers, Canadian Solar is now in a race to develop high power, larger format solar panels for solar farms on a utility scale.
The foremost powerful modules which the company announced are the
imposing HiKu6, with an optimum 545-watt power rating, & the bifacial BiHiKu6 which has an optimum 585-watt power rating.
Canadian Solar Polycrystalline Panels
Short Discussion: Canadian Solar Polycrystalline Panels: What is Polycrystalline
In general, solar panels manufactured from polycrystalline have a lower efficiency compared to monocrystalline choices. However, its benefit is that it is more cost-effective.
Polycrystalline solar panels also have a tendency to show a blue shade, whilst monocrystalline panels have a black hue.
However, polycrystalline panels are also manufactured from silicon. Furthermore, rather than using one silicone crystal, many silicon fragments are melted by the manufacturers in forming the panel’s wafers.
Polycrystalline panels are also known as many-crystal silicon or “multi-crystalline”. Due to the fact that each cell contains many crystals, the electrons have less freedom to move.
Therefore, polycrystalline solar panels are having lower efficiency ratings in comparison with monocrystalline panels.
For the purposes of clear understanding, we will discuss the Canadian Solar 320 watt Polycrystalline solar panel.
Model ID – CS6U – 320P
Mechanical Data: Canadian Solar Polycrystalline Panels
- Dimensions – 77.20X38.10X1.57 Inches
- CS6U-330 P Dimensions
- Technology – Poly (Polycrystalline)
- Weight – 49.40 Pounds
- Cell Type – Polycrystalline – 6 inch
- Front glass – 3.2mm tempered glass
- Frame – Anodized aluminum alloy
- Cell arrangement – 72 – 6 x 12
- Cable – 4 mm2 – IEC & 12AWG, 1000V
- UL; 1160mm – 45.7 inches, 6500
- Mm – 25.6 in – is optional
- Temperature coefficient – Pmax – -0.41% – ° Celsius
- Connectors – T4 – IEC / UL
- Temperature coefficient – Voc – -0.31 %/° Celsius
- Nominal operating cell tempera-
- ture – 45 +- 2° Celsius
- Temperature coefficient – Isc – 0.053 % / ° Celsius
Electrical Data: Canadian Solar Polycrystalline Panels
- Optimum operating Voltage – Vmp – 36.80 volts
- Nominal maximum Power – pmax – 320 watts
- Operating voltage – Voc – 45.30 volts
- Optimum operating current – Imp – 8.69 amps
- Module efficiency – 16.46 %
- Short circuit current – Isc – 9.26 amps
- Operating temperature – -40° Celsius – + 85 ° Celsius
- Maximum system voltage – 1000 volts – IEC or 1000
- Volts UL
- Module efficiency – 16.97 %
- Module fire performance – Type 1 – UL 1703 or
- Class C – IEC 61730
- Application classification – Class A
- Maximum series fuse Rating – 15 amps
- Power tolerance – 0 / +5W